Pokémon XP+ World Championship Animation Reveals and More.

Here we are- another August and another gathering of fans come and gone. With the next year’s gathering taking place next year in Singapore; I thought I would address a couple of reveals from this year’s Pokémon World Championships and Pokémon XP. Both are intriguing to me, and even as I am trying to get more done; my fandom makes me duty-bound to address them. Plus, I also have something else to share afterwards; so let’s begin.

Let’s start with the biggest surprise- after a hiatus of roughly six or seven years; a new Pokémon anime film is set to debut in 2027. Moreover, the rumors I heard circulating about being based on the bestselling trading card game were true: the project is called Pokémon Wildcard! 

Courtesy: The Pokémon Company/Cloverworks

Honestly a fitting title, and though I am unfamiliar with the output of Cloverworks, I have heard good things about their work and the crew assigned to the movie. While I do not know what to expect from the as of yet unnamed lead, I do like him having Mimikyu as a partner and the design of his sweater. Best of all, I am glad they’re clearly establishing this as a new branch in this fictional universe.

On that subject, we have updates on The Misadventures of Pichu and Sirfetch’d from Aardman Animation (Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Shaun the Sheep, et al). On top of the stop-motion being as expressive as ever (can totally see why Pichu and his teeth are getting memed); it has also been announced that alongside a host of legacy content that the show will air on both Disney XD and stream on Disney Plus when it debuts in 2027 (adding yet another one of my hyperfixations to the app).


Courtesy: The Pokémon Company/Aardman/Buena Vista



Now comes the part where I once again will be taking a small break in the beginning of September. As you may have guessed, that means I will not be able to make my planned goal for reviewing HZ arcs from Terastal Debut onwards. I will be instead finishing the review and putting it out at a later date that has yet to be determined. This also applies to everything else I’ve had in my backlog a while. That is all for now, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts